Saturday, February 17, 2007

Week 2 - Ward Reservation

Week 2's hike was at Ward Reservation in Andover featuring the highest point on the North Shore:




This week was a little more difficult, a lot more of that uphill stuff. Though the highest point in Essex County is only 420', that's like walking up 30-40 flights of stairs in a row, and when's the last time any of us did that? Luckily it was a beautiful winter day, with the freshly fallen snow on the ground it looked like narnia.



Heidi and Patricia




We were out for about 3 hours and my 6 year old hiking boots held up well, for now. I have to start shopping for some better gear though, things are only going to get harder. I already bought $50 worth of socks and a high-end water bottle. Since I didn't have a thermos, in order to keep from having to drink ice cold water on an icy cold day, I filled the bottle with hot tea and put it in a wine bottle insulator. Klassy.

No comments: